Home

About Us

Current News

Parish Directory

Services

History & Restoration

Photo Tour

Concerts and Events

Events in Pictures

Organisations

The Choir

The Mothers' Union

Bible Story Time

The Scout Group

Bell Ringing

Fundraising

Flower Arranging

Stained Glass

Needlework

Related Links

Text Box: The Good Shepherd

This window is by Hardman, and was put in by the parishioners in 1866 in memory of Sir Henry Gunning, thirty years Rector of Wigan.

The design is symbolical of the Pastor of Souls as the Good Shepherd, while the two side lights contain the two Sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion. Beneath is a kneeling figure of Sir Henry Gunning in his surplice. On each side is an angel, one holding a chalice and paten and the other a font of water

Text Box: < Return to Photo Gallery
Text Box: < Previous
Text Box: Next >

WIGAN PARISH CHURCH