Home

About Us

Current News

Parish Directory

Services

History & Restoration

Photo Tour

Concerts and Events

Events in Pictures

Organisations

The Choir

The Mothers' Union

Bible Story Time

The Scout Group

Bell Ringing

Fundraising

Flower Arranging

Stained Glass

Needlework

Related Links

Text Box: The Lectern

The Lectern

On the south side is the Lectern, an eagle of solid brass, made by Potter of London in 1850. Originally it stood in the centre of the nave just below the Chancel steps and its present position was occupied by the reading desk, commonly known as the' Rectors Stall' which now stands under the Tower arch.

Text Box: < Previous
Text Box: Next >

WIGAN PARISH CHURCH

Above the Lectern is an interesting brass plaque of Albert Harry Hodd (priest), who died in 1871. It is of interest because it depicts a priest in vestments, rarely seen in a brass of this age.