Home

About Us

Current News

Parish Directory

Services

History & Restoration

Photo Tour

Concerts and Events

Events in Pictures

Organisations

The Choir

The Mothers' Union

Bible Story Time

The Scout Group

Bell Ringing

Fundraising

Flower Arranging

Stained Glass

Needlework

Related Links

Tower Window and Roman Altar

This window in the north wall of the tower is by Burlington and Grill. It was erected to the memory of Henry Woodcock in 1891

The subjects are our Lord in the act of Blessing with Nathanial studying the law under the fig tree and David playing the harp in the either side lights.

In the tracery glass are the symbols of the Four Evangelists and Four Angels

Text Box: < Return to Photo Gallery
Text Box: < Previous

WIGAN PARISH CHURCH

In the bay of this window is part of an ancient roman altar. It is believed to have been found in the east end of the church, but it is not known when it was placed in its present position.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *